1. Are Virgil’s Zero Sugar and Handcrafted Sodas Gluten Free?
Yes, all of our Virgil’s sodas are gluten free.
2. Are Virgil’s sodas Kosher Certified?
Yes, all of our Virgil’s sodas are certified Kosher by the Orthodox Union.
3. Do Virgil’s sodas contain genetically modified organisms(GMO’s)?
No, all of our Virgil’s sodas are free from GMOs and are Non GMO Project Verified.
4. Are Virgil’s sodas vegan?
Yes, all of our Virgil’s sodas are vegan.
5. What does certified Ketogenic mean?
6. Are your aluminum cans BPA free?
Yes, our aluminum cans are lined with a BPA-Ni lining.
7. When do your products expire? How do you read the expiration date?
All of our full sugar Virgil’s sodas in a glass bottle have a two year shelf life from the date of production. Our zero sugar line has a shelf life of one year. Expiration codes can be found on the neck or the shoulder printed directly on the glass bottle, not on the label.
All Virgil’s soda’s in an aluminum can have a one year shelf life from the date of production. Expiration codes can be found on the bottom of the can.
The Best By date starts with BB, followed by the 2 digit month, date and year, BB: 122520 would be best by December 25th, 2020. The numbers that follow that code are a time stamp/production code.
8. Do your bottle caps twist off or require bottle opener?
All of our glass bottle caps are twist off. Using a bottle opener could potentially damage and chip the mouth of the bottle.
9. Do your products need to be refrigerated?
All of our Virgil’s sodas can be stored and consumed at room temperature however we recommend drinking Virgil’s soda at a chilled temperature.
10. Are your products made in the USA?
Yes, our Virgil’s sodas are all made in the USA.
11. Are your products all-natural?
Virgil’s soda is made from naturally-sourced ingredients.
12. Do your products contain MSG(Monosodium Glutamate)?
No, our products do not contain MSG.
13. What sweeteners do you use in your products?
Our handcrafted sodas use pure cane sugar.
Our Zero Sugar sodas use a proprietary natural sweetener blend of Erythritol, Stevia and Monk Fruit. This blend creates a full-sugar taste, without the sugar!
14. Why does your Zero soda have Carbs?
Erythritol is a sugar substitute also referred to as a sugar alcohol. Sugar alcohols are counted as carbohydrates in the nutrition label however; their caloric effect on the body is lower than that of a normal carb which is why it has zero calories.
15. Is there corn in Virgil’s products?
No, but Virgil’s Root Beer, Vanilla Cream and Zero Sugar products use ingredients derived from corn. Erythritol is used as a sweetener in Virgil's Zero products. Erythritol is produced by fermentation from a simple sugar derived from corn. The Caramel Color that is currently used in Virgil's Root Beer, Zero Root Beer, Vanilla Cream, Zero Vanilla Cream and Zero Cola products is also derived from corn, but no protein allergens are present.
16. What are your natural flavors?
All of our natural flavors are considered natural and plant-based. For proprietary reasons, we don’t list all the plant extracts, natural oils and essences we blend in our beverages.
17. Do your sodas contain caffeine?
Only our Dr. Better flavor contains caffeine. All the rest of the flavors are caffeine-free.
18. Is the caramel coloring natural?
Yes, the caramel color is derived from natural sources and is Prop 65 compliant and does not contain furfuryl alcohol .
19. Do you use Quillaia in your Root Beer?
No, we used it in earlier recipes but no longer use it in our current formulas.
20. Where can I find your products?
Please use our Store Locator to find the nearest outlet that carries our brand. Product selection can vary by location, so we recommend you contact your retailer first to confirm they have the item(s) you’re searching for in stock. https://virgils.com/find-us/
21. Can I buy your products directly?
22. Do you have samples available?
We don’t typically mail out samples but from time to time we have contests and giveaways on our Facebook and/or Instagram page.
23. Do you have coupons?
Yes, we have coupons available on occasion. You can visit this page here: https://virgils.com/find-us/#contactus to submit a form requesting a coupon.